Monday, July 19, 2010

Culinary Travels




During our first day at my parents' house Corin announced, "I'll have seafood every day, of course." So with his prompting, we did eat our fill of fish. And shellfish. And chowder. One afternoon we even dug our own clams and cooked 'em up (photo above). In addition to sea harvest, we had plenty of road trips which meant plenty of ice cream stops. And in Vancouver for our pal's wedding we stopped for sushi, rounding out our coast-to-coast seafood experience. So, here's a few pics of our gastronomical pursuits. Though I'm happy to be back in Montana, rocky mountain oysters just don't do it for me like the ones served on the half shell. I'm already missing the brine in the air and on my plate. Ah well, there's always something to be missed, right?

Chowder in Bretton Woods, NH

Mugging with Mussels in Portsmouth, NH


Beach Peach Ipswich, MA


Lobster in Ipswich, MA


What would vacation be without S'Mores? DuPont, WA (Thanks Bets and Caleb)


Mint Chocolate Chip on the US/Canadian Border


Taking a break in BC. That's strawberry freezies for the boys and olives for the adults.


Sushi in Vancouver, BC

No comments: