Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Skiing!

Than and Kara and I took the boys for a ski yesterday - well, we skied and the boys rode along, Seth snoozing and Corin enjoying the sleigh ride. "The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh through the white and drifting snow. Oh, over the river and through the woods... " In this case I was the horse attached to the buggy. But what a beautiful afternoon it was. It snowed while we were skiing and the trees kept sloughing great heaps from their boughs. Even though I was huffing it up hill and down, it felt great to be out amongst the trees, alongside the creek, in the twisting snow.
Doubling as a Pack Horse

Kara on skis


Than and Kara: Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Afternoon

3 comments:

Rebekah Litfin said...

Shoot, I was hoping this was a shot of TIM in tights. I'd pay money to see that!

~Rachel~ said...

"mmm,mmmm! I could watch dat backside allllllllllllllll day!"

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

ditto above 2 comments.

what a fantastic way contraption that sledge is. i
d love to see it in action on the wv hills